Sunday, October 7, 2012

Maturity does NOT come with age....



Despite the lessons in life that I have received by being in that treacherous, abusive, and mind-numbing relationship as a young adult, I still wish to this day that he would have walked away when I said that I was pregnant. I resent him for staying. I resent him for all of the times that he hurt me. Both physically and emotionally. But most of all, I hate that HE still has the upper hand in one of the most important relationships I have. He continues to poison my relationship with my daughter. Day in and day out, his manipulations and childish bullshit behavior hinders my chance at ever earning her respect. It is utterly heartbreaking to me that she can take his words as truth without ever giving it a thought. Without ever asking ME. Everything to her is just so simple. Daddy’s right about everything because he loves me. He does fun stuff. He gives me whatever the hell I want. UGH! I’m so incredibly sick over it. 

What makes that man tick? What changed? For years after I left him… we were FRIENDS. Not just amicable, but actually FRIENDS. He would call me for advice or to vent about his fiancĂ©. We would parent as a TEAM. Everything was done TOGETHER. And then suddenly, I was the wicked witch. I was the hated “baby mama.” Suddenly, we were no longer friends. Suddenly, I had it out for him and was apparently after his money? WTF? Ummmm…. No… last time I checked, I was NOT a gold diggin’ baby mama. I never have been and never will be. Even at my most vengeful state, I would never set out to deliberately hurt him or his family. Yet, that is exactly what he does to me. Constantly talking shit about me. Constantly making me out to be a terrible person and a terrible mother. Spreading rumors that he hears about me without a single thought to question the validity. And then getting pissed at ME for rumors being spread about me. Really? How does that even make sense? I understand he isn’t all there in the head. And I hope for his sake (and everyone elses), that he is medicated. But that doesn’t give anyone the right to treat people the way that he treats me. It is downright embarrassing. Especially since I defended him for so many years. No matter what he did to me, he was ALWAYS a good dad. But what really defines a “good dad” anyhow? This is what gets me thinking…. 

Yes. He feeds her. He clothes her. He provides her with what she needs. He keeps her safe. But tell me how sabotaging ones relationship with their other parent makes you a GOOD parent? That isn’t right. Constantly talking down about the other parent and berating them to your child is completely unnecessary. PERIOD. Trying to make yourself out to be the hero is nothing but emotionally damaging in the end. Making my own daughter hate me using the same manipulations used to control ME as a teenager and loading on the emotional baggage is NOT conducive to raising a happy, healthy, independent young woman. I despise the child that he is attempting to create. I want my daughter back. The fun loving free spirited child that *I* was proud of is still in there somewhere. Underneath this broken down and troubled surface. Somewhere in her life at her dad’s, there is someone hurting her. Maybe its not him. Maybe. But someone is making her feel unworthy and a burden. Which carries over to here. Someone is telling her that she is fat. Someone is telling her that she isn’t good enough. Someone is breaking her down and I want to hurt them for it. She continually denies it, yet she makes comments about her being unhealthy and being a fatty. And look at those rolls. Gross. Are ya kidding me?! 

This whole thing started tonight when I picked her up. I was supposed to get her back a little early today so that she could see out of town family for grandma’s 85th birthday party. It was decided that I would get her back mid-afternoon and her dad would call me when they were done at the apple orchard.  Her dad blew me off all day. Then when I finally texted him asking if they were done with their plans, he says yes and says he call me when he gets home. I asked if instead, I could meet him somewhere sooner since the family had to head to the airport shortly. He ignored me for an hour and informed me that he was home. By that time, it was too late. The family was heading to the airport and there was nothing I could do about it. I talked with the remaining family awhile longer, cleaned up the party with them, and left. The party was over before I even texted him in the first place. I proceeded to pick Ky up and at 7:30 at night, she expected to still go to the birthday party. She was completely pissed at ME that it was over. Did not care for one second that it was her DAD’S fault that she missed it. That escalated into her being pissed at me for everything. She went on about hating the “week” because I never do anything fun. We never go outside and run around and play. I just sit on the couch on my computer. I lost it. Knowing full well that she discussed this all with her dad, I laid it all out there. AGAIN. Like I do every fucking Sunday night. I’m PREGNANT. I’m not only pregnant, but also high risk. I’m not ALLOWED to go run around outside. I’m not allowed to STAND for too long. I’m not allowed to do ANYTHING too strenuous. As for the computer? I’m WORKING. I’m trying to earn money so that SHE can have food. SHE can have clothes. SHE can have toys. Because I’m NOT a gold digger that is buttraping her dad for child support. I EARN my money. I work HARD every single day to provide her with little luxuries that she takes for granted. I’m SO tired of being the bad guy because I have to work for a living. Because I have to make dinner. Because I have to clean the kitchen or do the laundry. Because I don’t have time or energy to go sit outside and watch THEM run around. Now that I think about it, maybe I SHOULD become a gold digging baby mama. Then I wouldn’t have to work so hard. I could just sit back and collect money from HIM. Eh, unfortunately, I have too much respect for myself to do such a thing. 

Regardless of how I’m portrayed to everyone, I’m not that person. I work SO hard. I bust my ass to provide for my children. To teach them right from wrong. To teach them respect and responsibility. When my kids and I get home at night, its HOMEWORK. Its dinner. Its showers. Its cleaning up rooms. Its not fun time because you need to EARN fun time. And yes, I’m going to sit on the couch and attempt not going into labor early. I’m going to work and get those extra hours so that my daughter can have gogurts in her lunches. So I can buy my children fresh fruits and vegetables. So I can make REAL dinners instead of ramen every night. I’m going to work those extra hours to try to get some extra money to buy the brand of clothes that all the other kids are wearing, despite the fact that they cost three times as much.  I’m going to make them clean their rooms so that they don’t have the terrible habits that I have. They are not going to spend their hours playing video games or eating pure sugar.  I hate that all these things make me a bad parent in her eyes. I hate that her dad makes me out to be such a terrible person. I hate that she can’t see the normalcy that is there for everyone else because its not HER normal. If he wasn’t in the picture, she wouldn’t leave every weekend. She wouldn’t go and live in this “other world” for two days. She wouldn’t have such a distorted sense of reality. She wouldn’t have to be retrained every Sunday. I wouldn’t have to deal with having a CHILD for an ex. This would be her family 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When I gave him the option of walking away or being a part of his child’s life, I wish he would have walked away. I could have done this better on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment